Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's that time of the year...

...for people all around the world to make tons of lists of eeeeverything. They even make lists of their own lists! Well, I'll try to refrain myself from doing that. What I'm gonna do, is make 2 lists: one of the 10 awesomest books I read in 2011 (some were published before 2011) and one of the worst books I read in 2011. It seems only fitting if you gonna express your gratitude for the good ones, that you have the right to nag about the bad ones, too.
So here goes:


FAVES OF 2011
(books are not listed by preference)


1. A Song Of Ice And Fire series by George R.R.Martin
2. The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
3. Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost
4. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
5. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
6. Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
7. Daughter Of Smoke And Bone by Laini Taylor
8. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
9. The Ivy series by Lauren Kunze&Rina Onur
10. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson




YOU JUST DIDN'T DO IT FOR ME, 2011 STYLE


1. Tris&Izzie by Matte Ivie Harrison
2. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
3. Hereafter by Tara Hudson
4. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
5. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab 
6. Flat-out Love by Jessica Park
7. Vicious Little Darlings by Katherine Easer
8. Possession by Elana Johnson
9. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
10. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach


Of course there are a lot of other books I loved and loathed in 2011 which didn't make it to the lists.
During 2011 I read 125 book and I'm very proud of myself, albeit exhausted from the stress of having to read books for reviews and posting reviews three times a week. So, I thought that if I want to continue having a book blog, I have to take it way less seriously and just relax and enjoy reading. 
Of any kind! Not just YA! Guys, read all kinds of books. YAs are fine but it feels amazing to expand your reading horizons every now and then. You never know what you might discover!
And with these words of wisdom, I bid you farewell.


I wish you a very very happy New Year :)

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Everyone does get sucked into reading mostly YA. I think that is because that is what most blogs are abot. I love reading other genres but I've also gotten caught in YA too much lately. I'm going to try to get through my review pile and then read what I want for great chunks of the year. Or at least that is my goal. :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the books I read this year were mostly under pressure (to post a review) so come new year's, I'm done tormenting myself for no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the YA thing! I don't even know how I got sucked into reading almost exclusively YA. I used to be more diverse - I'm hoping to get back to that in 2012 as well as just not worrying about it.
    I'll read when and if I want to. Same with reviewing.
    I also agree about The Goddess Test.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails