Friday, December 21, 2018

READING: Control (The Administration #4) by Manna Francis


Publication date: May 1 2009
Published by: Casperian Books
Genre: MMAdult, Dark, BDSM, Dystopian, Mystery, Sci Fi
Rating: 

Gaining it, keeping it, or losing it, control is more than just a game--it's a critical tool for survival. No more so than in the Administration, where the Investigation and Interrogation Division's Val Toreth faces professional and personal hazards every day. And when an attack on one of the most loyal and valued members of his investigative team makes the professional very personal indeed, Toreth finds himself entangled once more in the darker side of corporate life and crime. He'll need help, not just from his colleagues but from his "regular fuck" Keir Warrick, to make it out the other end safely.

Even away from their offices, Toreth and Warrick find that their jobs create challenges and tensions that threaten their relationship, because finding a balance is all about knowing when to keep control and when to let it go.



Love seeing Toreth scared, it's my new favourite thing! Although I have to admit, he wasn't nearly as terrified as he was in Mindfuck. In Control he was more pissed off and humiliated (They made me kneel) resigned to the idea that he was going to die because of something he did, as opposed to Mindfuck which totally took him by surprise and it was through no fault of his own. 

What surprised me though is that all this time he was kept prisoner, from the moment he was taken, to the moment he was certain they would kill him, to the moment he arrived at Warrick's, not once did he think of him. Not that he loved him and he regretted so many things he didn't say or do, no, none of that. But maybe a "I wish I could fuck Warrick one last time before I die" or something like that. Nope, not even that.
I was a bit disappointed, I'm not gonna lie but it's all my fault for expecting "romantic" like thoughts from Toreth. I should know better by now.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails