Friday, February 17, 2012

READING: Wings Of The Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Wings Of The Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Publication date: January 31st, 2012
Published by: HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books
Genre: YA Paranormal, Angels
Rating: 4,5/5
Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.

Despite the same rating, I think Wings Of The Wicked might be even better than Angelfire!

Just like Angelfie, WOTW is tremendously engaging, you can't put it down. Moulton's writing is again top notch and her story fascinating. Glad to see the crazy chemistry between Will and Ellie was still there and that there was not a love triangle *phew* 
Fight/action scenes were ah-mazing! They were extendedly descriptive and it shows that Moulton is a stickler for details and it pays off when it has to do with action scenes, in which personally, I get a tiny bit bored. Especially if they are sloppily written. But I can say she manages angry, vindictive angels slashing at each other pretty well.

What I would have liked was less moping, especially from Ellie. I love her, but that girl cried over EVERYTHING! You kinda stop feeling sorry for her after a while, I know I did. Especially when she was such a tease and engaging in these major make out sessions with Will and then all of a sudden when things got hot she goes "Um,no. It's not right. We shouldn't do it. Let's wash dishes instead", to which Will replies "OK cool".
Uh?
I know it's YA and all but come on. That hot/cold situation happened more times that I care to remember, honestly. More real love and romance and less angst, please! Also, sometimes I got the feeling that this book is this long just so Moulton could stick Will and Ellie scenes in it. Yes, the frustrating ones. Not the good ones! I mean, I'm all for Will and Ellie and the magical thing they have, but I prefer it to be equally balanced with a good story. The good story was there, but it was far outweighed by the romance. I repeat, not the good kind :)

Cadan was pretty cool in TWOTW. I still have serious doubts about him, as I do for Marcus, but that's just me. I suspect everyone from the start just so in the end I can say "Ha! I knew it!" :P
As for who is Marcus, he is a new character along with Sabrina and Ava and some bad guys. They're all pretty cool.

Wings Of The Wicked was buckets of angel-y fun and I can't wait to read book 3!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails