Wednesday, August 23, 2017

READING: Bared to You by Sylvia Day


Publication date: February 4 2014
Published by: Berkley
Genre: Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Erotica 
Rating: 

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness. He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily.

Gideon "knew." He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each others most private wounds and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart. 






Things that made me gag:

*Eva consenting to anal sex (didn't put up much of a fight, really) because having this guy she barely knows mark her there (!) would erase and heal her past. Her past being 4 years of sexual abuse. 
The fact that a woman author could write something like that about a sexually abused woman is sickening.

*The number of times Gideon told Eva to shut up. Hell no.

*Eva's endless descriptions of Gideon's exquisite physical appearance. We get it girl, calm down.

*Gideon's obsession with his billions. Such a turn off.

*Cary's no reason of existence other than being a beautiful prop, a small break between all the sex.

*Their going crazy over each other before page 30. I am no stranger to insta love but she just took it to a whole other level.

*Gideon's extreme stalking. Again - new level. 

For all these reasons and more.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails