Tuesday, March 2, 2010

READING : Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber





After meeting the handsome and shadowy Alexander Sterling, goth-girl Raven's dark world has a bright, new glow.But as in her favourite movie, Kissing Coffins, Raven knows that love always has its  complications, especially when Alexander has a big secret to guard.When Alexander suddenly disappears, Raven leaves Dullsville to begin a dangerous search to find him.Can she stay safe, no matter who-or what-she encounters on the way? 




*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Raven leaves Dullsville for the first time and goes to Hipsterville, where her aunt lives, in the hopes of finding Alexander.The story unfurls from then on, as we meet new vampire, a secret from Alexander's past and that Raven looks amazing in a blonde wig :)
I expected Kissing Coffins to be worse that Vampire Kisses,as most sequels tend to be.But it was not even close to being worse.It kept the same flow and humor as the first book, if better, because the whole vampire issue had been revealed and there was no need to dance around it.The way she felt seeing the goth clothing store in Hipsterville, was exactly the same way I felt when I first saw a bookstore in Poole, England.It was 2003( I think),my first time in the UK.I remember going berzerk over the Anita Blake series and the Georgia Nicholson one.It was there that I bought my first Sookie book *sigh*
Anyway - got a little bit sidetracked there, sorry-all in all the book was very good.I still can't believe I like these books.No offence, but I had no hopes of any kind for this series.But I was wrong.Typical!
I loved the scene at the drive in where they played out the movie!I also can't wait to learn more about Luna and her future relationship with Trevor.Unfortunately it had a cliffhanger-y ending!!!Arghhh I don't have "Vampireville"!!How come every time I don't have the next volume of a series, the previous one ends in a cliff?Just my luck!
If you haven't read the Vampire Kisses series yet, I totally recommend it!


4/5

Here is my review of Vampire Kisses


2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    I was going to email you about the Mockingbird Awards post, but I can't seem to find your email address. If you want to send me an email with the suggestions, I can email you back and let you know what I've got so far too. Thank you so much by the way! I'm pretty excited about this idea.

    my email: onyx.rose@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sorry, I'm such an idiot!I wrote you a comment for the main reason to give you my e-mail address and I forgot!It's giotav(at)gmail(dot)com
    I'll send you some suggestions and ideas-I have to think them through a little bit though-and you tell me what you think.

    Vampire Kisses:you should definitely read it!It' sweet, funny and a break from all the drama that usually takes place in other vampire books.Not that I complain :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails