Wednesday, June 1, 2011

READING: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Publication date: May 3rd 2011
Published by: Ace
Genre: Adult Paranormal
Rating: 2/5
With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. Sookie suspects otherwise, but her attention is divided when she realizes that her lover Eric Northman and his "child" Pam are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, Sookie is drawn into the plot-which is much more complicated than she knows...
Oh my God. What happened to this series? I used to love it! Now, I'm actually terrified of picking up the next book!

There's not a lot happening in Dead Reckoning. For me, it was yet another filler, like Dead In The Family. The only cool thing that happened, was Sookie discovering a faery trinket that has some magic powers. Nothing much was said about it, but I guess we'll find out in the next book. Although, way things are going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we never hear about it ever again.

Something semi-important happened between Eric and Sookie, which would have been majorly important if Eric's character wasn't completely butchered by Harris. I guess it has been going on for a long time now, but in Dead Reckoning it was officially confirmed. Eric, the huge Viking guy who took no shit from anyone, has become everyone's lap dog. I knew he was Sookie's but this? Come on! Was it maybe an attempt by Harris to get the books closer to TrueBlood's story by bringing Sookie closer to Bill after utterly humiliating Bill in readers' eyes? Whatever it is I'm not buying it!Emasculating Eric is NOT the way to go!I'm a huge fan of Bill's and as much as I like Eric I still believe that somehow Sookie and Bill would get back together, but not like this. And I'm not saying they're getting back together. It just seems to me that the books are taking a turn to that direction after doing a lot of unnecessary U-turns first.

I think after Dead Reckoning there are 2 books left in the series and I never thought I'd say this but I'm really glad it's coming to an end. Dead Reckoning was a huge disappointment for me and if I wasn't so damn curious to see how the story will end, I would think twice before picking up the next installment.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails