Tuesday, December 21, 2010

READING : Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Publication date: December 2nd, 2010
Published by: Dutton
Source: Publisher
Rating: 6/5
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?

"Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?"



Anna And The French Kiss is definitely my favourite read of 2010.Maybe of all time.Yes.That's how good it is!

Anna had every freaking thing working for it!
Perkins's writing was brilliant!She captured the beauty of friendship, the magnificence of love and the agony of heartbreak perfectly.Her descriptions of Paris and its monuments were breathtaking.Stephanie, I don't know if you've ever been to Paris, but if you haven't, I admire you even more(is that's even possible!) for the beautiful imagery you chose to share with us!

The characters in this book were flawless.They were flawless because they were so flawed.Does that make sense?
Anna is a teenage girl from Atlanta who has never been abroad.Suddenly her life turns upside down when her father practically forces her to go to school in Paris, France for a whole year.She obviously feels lost and sad of the life she left behind.Her little brother, her mother, her almost boyfriend.Paris, however beautiful, is not her home.Until she finds St.Clair.
If you're looking for the obvious "hot guy",with washboard abs,perfect eyes,perfect skin,perfect everything who stands in the corner brooding, you won't find any in this book.And thank God for that!
Ettiene St.Clair is an absolutely normal, charming and oh so sweet 18 year old buy.He is short and has a fear of heights, which I personally found adorable.I loved everything about him, from his British accent to his ridiculously cute hat.He is not the perfect guy that always does the right thing.He has his own demons, which he battles with every day.But he and Anna somehow are the perfect match.His very presence soothes her and her compassion makes him complete.It's not just the obvious attraction to each other and their relentless flirting, which made me giggle like a schoolgirl, by the way.It's something way deeper than that.He is her best friend.She is his best friend.They find solace in each other.Their love is indeed perfect.

I am really struggling with this review, because I don't really know how many times I can say the words "beautiful" and "brilliant" without sounding like a broken record.Anna managed to stir up so many feelings inside me which I don't know how to express. It touched my heart deeply, and I will never ever forget it.

If Anna and The French Kiss doesn't make you want to go to Paris and fall in love, I don't know what will!

Thank you so much Stephanie, from the bottom of my heart!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I've been hearing alot of great things about this book! I guess I should pick it up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!! I'm definately going to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is sitting on my coffee table staring up at me. I'm a little afraid to read it. Everyone loves it so much - hope I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Karen: I had the exact same fear.But trust me:you will love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails