Tuesday, December 28, 2010

READING : The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain


Publication date: December 22nd, 2009
Published by: Egmont USA
Source: Bought
Rating: 4.5/5

A Prodigal Son


A Dangerous Love


A Deadly Secret


Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.
I was a bit hesitant to pick up The Dark Divine at first, to be honest, because of its somewhat religious content.Personally, I have nothing against these types of books,quite the contrary.But since I am not a religious person, I simply choose not to read them.I thought I'd give this one a chance,though,since I heard so many great things about it.I am really glad I did because it turned out to be a very good read!

You may be a bit surprised when you first open The Dark Divine and see that the font is in bold.I know a lot of people don't like it, but honestly, I couldn't care less.It could be in super large letters or italics or underlined, and I still wouldn't mind.If it's readable, it's fine by me.It's the content I am interested in.Besides, I find that bold letters are way easier to read.

I liked all the characters of this book and I think they are very well written by Despain.I liked Grace very much.Granted, she acted a bit prudish for my taste, but not so much as to make her completely unrelatable or unreal.She is a pastor's daughter after all, and her upbringing must be such. The writing was by no means dogmatic and the family's beliefs and way of life were neither exaggerated nor used as an example and I really appreciated that.Mentioning God and angels is not the purpose of this book, but simply a part of it.

Grace and Daniel's relationship was so sweet!He is all mysterious and dark and she is so pure and cute.Their attraction and chemistry is undeniable and I can't wait to see more of them in the future!

All in all, The Dark Divine was a very good paranormal story which can appeal to a lot of people, whether they are religious or not. Recommended!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVED The Dark Divine! I just read it last week. :) The bold letters made it easier to read for me, I don't get why people are bothered by the bold.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you wrote this review because I have the book in my bookshelf and haven't read it yet. I only have because I won it in a writing contest other than that I've never heard of it lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails