Tuesday, December 14, 2010

READING : Misguided Angel by Melissa De La Cruz

Misguided Angel by Melissa De La Cruz


Publication date:October 26th,2010
Published by: Hyperion Books CH
Source: Bought
Rating: 4,5/5
After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the five remaining gates that guard the earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silver Bloods.

Back in New York, Mimi has been elected Regent of a crumbling coven. Struggling with her heartache over the loss of Kingsley and with her overwhelming desire to destroy Jack, she must focus all of her energy on a perilous new threat. Vampires are being abducted and their captors are planning to burn them alive online…for all the world to see. Help arrives in the form of Deming Chen, a Venator from Shanghai, who must untangle the web of deceptions before the killers strike again.

As the young vampires struggle for the survival of the coven, they uncover a deadly secret, a truth first discovered by Schuyler’s mother during the Renaissance but kept buried for centuries. And as the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler to a terrible choice that will ultimately map the destiny of her heart.
*Misguided Angel is the 5th installment in the Blue Bloods series.I write this review assuming that you have read all the Blue Blood novels up until this point*

Misguided Angel is divided in 3 parts: the 1st is about Schuyler and Jack and their adventures in Florence, the 2nd is about Mimi, the Conclave and Oliver,in a way,and their lives back in NY and the 3d part,which kind of coincides with the 2nd, is about Deming Chen, a tough female Venator.

Surprisingly enough, I caught myself not caring very much about Schuyler and Jack's story-it was OK,but nothing special about it,whereas I was more than intrigued by the other two.I like Mimi very much,although I didn't at first. Apart from continuously being fabulous, I think she's grown so much as a character because and in spite of everything that went on with her life: the love of her...many lives leaving her at the altar for someone else, being made Regent and having this huge responsibility of protecting everyone, and of course the agony of not knowing if the man she came to love is dead or alive.So, when I saw her lowering her defenses and putting aside her beliefs and the way she was raised and get closer with Red Bloods, it didn't surprise me at all, but I found it fascinating, nonetheless. 

I found Deming to be a great addition to the books!I hope Melissa decides to keep her around a little while longer because she's awesome! She's strong, fierce, resilient but also loving and sensitive when she needs to be.I like her wit and the way she presents herself. Without a doubt, she will absolutely make you love Venators!

I know I've said it before,but I will say it again: these books have an extremely dense plot.It may not look like it in the 1st or maybe the 2nd book but as the story unravels, there are so many aspects to it and so much detail, that it'd be best if you keep some notes when you finish a book, so when it's time to pick up the next book, you can read them and remember some things that have taken place in the past. Personally, I like that side of Blue Bloods novels.It's something that makes them stand out from the majority of YA books with a simple enough and easily forgotten story.That's what drew me to the series in the first place.

Really sorry for the short review, I wanted to keep it simple so as not to spoil those who haven't read it yet.Misguided Angel is a great installment in the Blue Blood series and I am sure you'll love Deming as much as I did!Loved the ending, how everything comes together in the end, like going full circle.
Blue Bloods is still going strong!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. I liked Deming, too. She was pretty badass! And I agree, Mimi's come a long way since the beginning of the series, and I like her alot more now. I'm looking forward to Bloody Valentine at the end of the month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me too :) But it's not like another installment,right?It's like Keys To The Repository,a filler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's short stories. I know there's one with Jack and Sky, and one with Allegra and Charles as teenagers. I think there's one more, but I dont know who it features. But yeah, it's not the next installment. Next one is Lost in Time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( That's why is such a short book.Oh well.Wouldn't be better if it came out close to Valentine's day,though?Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True. Yeah Misguided was REALLY short. And I've heard Bloody Valentine is too :( Amazon says it's only 160 pages.
    I hope the next Blue Bloods is longer, but I know Melissa is also writing Witches of East End, a new adult novel, and also Wolf Pact, the BB spin-off. But still. They're so short!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I didn't know Witches OTEE was adult.Hmmmm!
    The UK edition of Misguided Angel had an excerpt of Wolf Pact in the end.I loved it!I think it'll be an awesome spin off!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails