Tuesday, February 15, 2011

READING: Wanted by Sara Shepard

Wanted by Sara Shepard

Publication date: June 8th 2010
Published by: HarperTeen
Source: Borrowed
Rating: 5/5

In Rosewood, majestic estates sprawl for acres, and Tiffany toggle bracelets dangle from every girl's wrist. But not all that glitters is gold, and the town harbors secrets darker than anyone could imagine—like the truth about what really happened the night Alison DiLaurentis went missing. . . .

Back in middle school, Ali plucked Emily, Hanna, Aria, and Spencer from obscurity and turned them into the beautiful, popular girls everyone wanted to be. Ali was the best friend they ever had. But she also made them do terrible things and taunted them with their worst secrets. Now, three years later, all their questions about Ali have finally been answered and they can put this awful chapter of their lives behind them. Or so they think.

Not every story has a happy ending, especially when four pretty little liars have done so many wicked things. In the dramatic conclusion of Sara Shepard's bestselling Pretty Little Liars series, Emily, Hanna, Aria, and Spencer could get everything they've ever wanted—unless A has one more horrifying twist in store.
Noooo! I can't believe it's over, I am so sad :( 
Wanted, book 8, is the last book in the Pretty Little Liars series and Shepard choses to end he story with a bang.And a huge on at that!

I'll keep this brief because I certainly don't want to spoil the ending for you guys.
Wanted hits you with a big surprise right from the first 50 pages or so, and manages to wrap it up with an even bigger one.Throughout the book I felt like Shepard took a long walk down memory lane, reminding us of stuff that happened between the girls and Ali before she went missing, which at first glance might not have seemed all that important, but it turns out they did play a big part in the story.At the end, we get answers to all the questions that have sprung from the girls' ordeals throughout the series and of course we get to see how these ordeals finally come to an end, as Ali's real killer is revealed.Let me tell you, I did NOT see that coming!Not by a long shot!The revelation at the end was just mind blowing!I'm sure some people may find it a bit far fetched and even impossible.However, I'm a true Sara Shepard believer and I admire the work she's done  with PLL so far, so I had no problem whatsoever with her choice.I am just saying that I can see why someone might have some objections.

Overall, I love the Pretty Little Liars series and I think that Wanted was a well deserving ending!
Will Wanted be the end, though?It surely won't!Books 9,10,11 and 12 have already been announced and I can't wait to see Shepard work her magic once again!

Twisted, book 9, comes out July 2011 by Harperteen!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails