Tuesday, October 11, 2011

READING: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Publication date: October 4th, 2011
Published by: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Genre: YA Paranormal, Angels
Rating: 2/5
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.


Ah. Silence.
How I wish Becca had kept hers and not have written a 3d book. Because it was really really bad.

I was looking forward to reading Silence. Not because Hush Hush series is the literary gem of the century or that I absolutely love it, no. Hush,Hush I thought was OK and Crescendo not that good but what they both had in common is that at least you had fun while reading them. You're fully aware they're kinda crappy but you don't mind because you're enjoying the hell out of them.
Silence was not like that.
It was mind-blowngly boring and with no real purpose. Since I never leave books unfinished, I kept saying "Please end already!" somewhere around the middle so I could finally get some peace! But the book didn't end! It kept going on and on and on without saying anything, really! I think I'm not exaggerating when I say that Silence is one of the most bland and meaningless books I have ever read. And it's the 3d book in a series. Not good.

Where did all the good stuff go? Patch and Nora and their ridiculously funny encounters? A warning to all the Patch-lovers out there, Silence-Patch is nothing like Hush,Hush or Crescendo Patch. Not by a long shot. He must have been lobotomized and Becca forgot to mention it(that would make an interesting story actually, hm). He was mellow and good and nice...WTF???? We don't want good and nice! We want snarky and smug and dangerous. Really unexpected turn as far as the characters are concerned because let's face it: love him-hate him, Patch and everything Patch related monopolized about 70% of the previous book. So whoever that guy in Silence who answered to "Patch" was, I sure as hell don't know him!

Nora, Nora, Nora...
Just when I thought you couldn't get any stupider after the stunts you pulled in Crescendo, you go and prove me wrong. If you don't feel the urge to slap Nora at least 50 times by the end of the book, you're a hero in my book and I humbly applaud you. Thing is the way Patch turned out, now they are a perfect fit. Seriously, they deserve each other.
Her mom was obnoxious and moronic(I guess Nora didn't take after her dad, uh?), who did nothing but show she only cares about herself and doesn't give a damn about her daughter. And no. It wasn't the mind control.

Story was completely bogus and had holes as big as Nora's head. What Becca decided Nora should remember or forget after the kidnapping was super cool and all, but the thing is that she wasn't supposed to remember any of it!
Silence was quite long, and at least half of it could be edited out, as it was about dress-shopping and restaurant-eating which of course had nothing to do with the plot. Whole chapters of not moving the story forward, which maybe I'd get if the story was so unbelievably awesome that the writer felt the need to prolong the suspense a little bit. But it was just plain OK and a bit predictable so the filler parts were unnecessary.

Silence was brutally boring and a huge disappointment in a series that could definitely do without it. I don't know what came over Becca and wrote such a sloppy book. Honestly, I don't know if I'll pick up the 4th one.
Yes, that's right. There will be a 4th one!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails