Monday, June 7, 2010

READING : Wicked by Sara Shepard

Wicked by Sara Shepard


Publication date: November 28th, 2008
Published by: HarperTeen
Source: Bought
Rating: 5/5

In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. . . .


Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a little too strongly of her mom's taste in men.


Now that Ali's killer is finally behind bars, the girls think they're safe. But those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. And they should know by now that I'm always watching. . . .
You think everything is back to normal at Rosewood?You think that the girls are all BFFs again, acting like nothing happened?You think that Ali's murderer is behind bars and justice is served?You think that nothing is gonna go wrong with the girls' lives ever again?

Well.Think again!

Wicked is the 5th installment in the Pretty Little Liars series,following the quite revealing Unbelievable,which I thought could very easily be the end of the series.
To be honest, I was hesitant to read Wicked because after A. has been revealed and Ali's murderer caught,I could not imagine how could the story continue without being boring and repeatable. Thankfully,I was wrong.Granted,there are some known patterns that Shepard is using to unravel her story,constantly having to do with the girls' love interests and them going,not surprisingly,wrong.Also, another A.?Seems kinda old.Plus,how does the new A.know all the girls' secrets and can be at all these different places at once?
I know questions like that frustrate readers and eventually they lose interest in the books.I thought I'd feel that way,too,but surprisingly I don't.I like not having a clue who the new A.is,although I have some "suspects" in mind.But Shepard's writing is so cunning and meandering,that you can never be sure of anything you read.In fact,the more sure you are about something,the more certain it is that it will come crumbling down.That's what I like about this series from the beginning and Wicked did not disappoint.I am not gonna dwell into character development and so on.I'm just gonna say that Hanna,I think,is the one character that changed the most throughout the series,at least, up until this point,and she is my new favourite!Also not gonna summarize the book or write details about the plot,because it would ruin it for you guys,and I really don't wanna do that.It's for you to read and enjoy :)

If you decided to stop reading after Unbelievable,I really hope you change your mind,because Wicked is just as awesome!

One useful tip:MAJOR thing's happening at the end of the book, leaving us with a semi-cliffhanger.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series but people tend to love it! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very good,if you like that genre.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails