Wednesday, September 8, 2010

READING : Vanished by Kate Brian

Vanished by Kate Brian

Publication date: August 31st, 2010
Published by: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5
After the initiation ceremony of Reed's newly created secret society, Noelle has disappeared and the only clue is a mysterious note. Is Reed's behaviour the cause or is there something more sinister happening? With the kidnapper warning of worse things to come if Reed tells anyone of Noelle's abduction, Reed realises it's up to her discover who has taken Noelle and to try and rescue her...before she becomes the next target.

Vanished is the 12th installment in the Private series, so I write this review certain that you have read its predecessors.If you haven't, what are you doing reading a review for no.12 then, uh? :P

Vanished is another installment in the Private series filled with awesomeness!!!
I love the story and couldn't wait to see how it would unravel after Scandal's ending.Vanished is a book filled with suspense and mystery.You always feel you have to look behind your shoulder because you think you've heard something(or maybe you just imagined it...), you feel your heart racing when Reed is close to yet another great discovery!I like how Brian developed the story because let's face it, after 12 books you fear that at some point it will start going downhill. Thankfully, this is not the case with the Private books!

The only thing I still can't figure out is Reed.She has this weird, almost self destructive way of making everything so difficult for herself, which I find exhausting!Come on, girl!Relax!I know she thought her best friend was dying but give me a break!She still could have avoided all the Josh drama-not saying anything, my lips are sealed!- if she just told him what was going on, since he knew most of it already.Thank God he is clever!Don't even get me started on the fact that she was ready to throw her life away for a person that has pretty much ruined hers repeatedly, if I might add.I am not saying that she shouldn't help her, quite the contrary, but certainly by not destroying her own life in the process! I don't know what the equivalent of "bromance" for girls is, but Reed and Noelle definitely have it.Well, Reed for sure!

The end was once again, a huge surprise for me!I pretty much guessed who was behind Noelle's kidnapping, but for the life of me I could not figure out why.I don't know yet if I am satisfied with the explanation, since I really didn't have time to process the data and to be completely honest, I was in shock after this humungous revelation in the end!The next book is a prequel (Book Of Spells, check it out!) so I guess the impact of the knowledge of this big secret will be felt in Ominous, the next book in the Private series, coming out February 2011.
Can't wait!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails