Monday, May 3, 2010

READING : Perfect by Sara Shepard

Perfect by Sara Shepard


Publication date: September 1st, 2007
Published by: HarperTeen
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5

In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem.


Aria can't resist her forbidden ex. Hanna is on the verge of losing her BFF. Emily is freaking out over a simple kiss. And Spencer can't keep her hands off anything that belongs to her sister.
Lucky me. I know these pretty little liars better than they know themselves. But it's hard keeping all of their secrets to myself. They better do as I say . . . or else!


Let me start by saying that I think Perfect was much better than Flawless.I know I shouldn't compare, but it happens to me a lot, especially over books in the same series, and however unfair it seems, it's also kind of inevitable.I just wanted to get it out there.

So, Perfect.Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily continue to stay apart, even though A's threats haven't stopped.Spencer is trying hard-maybe too hard-to get along with her family again,Aria struggles to keep her family together and at the same time, her feelings and emotions in check, Hanna tries to keep the one and only friend she has and Emily wants everything to go away and be like it was before.Or doesn't she?

But it's A's role that makes this book so exciting, in my opinion.After exposing Byron's (Aria's father)affair,which tore her family apart, A. acts on her(I'm referring to A. as a "she", no idea if it's a she or a he, though.Just speculating.) threats again, only this time with more malice.It seems that not only she wants to scare the girls and push them around a bit, but now she's angry that no one seems to comply with her rules or taking her seriously.So now, she's ready to have her revenge.At any cost.The girls are losing it, while the mystery of Ali's death unravels.

I enjoyed Perfect very much and I never wanted it to end.A lot of things happen, plot-wise.A lot of questions get answered and there is a long coming,and satisfying,revelation in the end.
There are also some very important character changes taking place which define who each girl is deep down, leading to their personal fulfillment.
The only thing I still don't like about the girls' characters is that, despite being so scared of their secrets being known and keeping in mind that they have no idea who A. is, they seem to have no problem confiding in and telling their whole life story to complete strangers.I just don't get it.

In the end, something pretty major happens, "I can't believe I've just read that!!!" major, and of course it all sums up in yet another juicy cliff hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails