Friday, May 21, 2010

READING : Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere. 

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever. 


I wish there were enough words to express the way I feel about the VA series.And these feelings only became stronger after reading Spirit Bound, the penultimate installment in the VA series.

I loved and hated Rose at the same time.I hated her not solely because of the way she practically used Adrian just because she couldn't face the fact that she was alone and she needed someone at her side, but because she forbade him to do things he likes,regardless how bad for him.She had no right to make him change, for his sake as much as hers, when she knew she loved another.But I loved her because she realised all that.She knew she was wrong, and unfair and, let's face it, bitchy.She knows her actions are bad and she tries to control herself but she can't make it right all the time.She is Rose,she is human.

Lissa has definitely surprised me, especially after the second half of the book.I knew she was kind and sweet and all that, but I never thought she would be that resourceful and strong. Moroi are often misunderstood, and for a good reason.They are so used to hiding behind their guardians all their lives, the most of them, if not all,crumble in the face of even the smallest danger .Lissa didn't.She was there when her best friend needed her and she delivered.

Adrian wants Rose.He wanted her from the first time he saw her.And he is willing to do her biding so as to be with her,at any cost.He knows that what they have is more real and strong for him than it is with Rose, and he claims to be OK with that.He lies of course, but he can't imagine his life without Rose,he just can't lose her,and the price to pay is high.Under his tough veneer, he is a helpless romantic after all.

I don't want to talk about Dimitri's character and how he has evolved in this book, because my adding of spoilers would be inevitable and I really don't want to spoil it for you guys.I'll just say this : Dimitri loves Rose with every fiber of his being.I know readers already know that, but I think in this book it's expressed in all its glory.You just have to see under the surface...

There's not much else to say, I guess.Spirit Bound is awesome, fantastic, amazing!Loved it with all my heart!


6/5

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I just picked up the first of this series! I know I am late to the party but I hope to start it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely start reading them because they're awesome!But take it slowly, because they'll be gone before you realise it.And there will be only 6 books in the series, so take your time and savour them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series, but I've only read the three first books yet. I am awaiting Blood Promise right now, and I can't wait to read it. As for Dimitri, I love him too :D Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) I'm looking forward to your Blood Promise review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab review! I absolutely love this series & couldn't agree more with everything you've said. I can't wait to read Last Sacrifice but I'm also dreading the end of the series LOL. I've added your link to my review. When I get a chance I'll have a look and see if we've reviewed any of the same books & add the links for you but if you spot any in the meantime feel free to leave me a comment on my reviews with your links & I'll get them added for you :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails